Thursday, August 31, 2006

Grab a cuppa!!!

Ok, this is going to be long! Best you grab a cuppa. :)

Trip Details:

Day 1- Sunday 20th August 2006
Left CribPoint, Vic 6.30am
Bush Camp at Werrimull 5.30pm (free power and awesome sunset against the wheat silo)
689kms for day
Funny for the day: As DH is lifting my dog Kira onto the back of the 4WD she farts! PMSL!!! I could not stop laughing! I was laughing till I cried! Only Kira would get away with something like that!
Also, I was constantly bumping my head leaning into my car to reach for the camera! Did this most of the trip and DH would say: " 10;13am SW (Stupid Wife!) banged head again" He said he should of kept a journal! LOL!


Day 2- Monday 21st August 2006
Left Werrimull camp 7am (sunrise was simply stunning, with a bit of the moon in there too)
Bush camp on outskirts (just before) Iron Knob SA 3.45pm
538kms for day
Flinders ranges are just BREATHTAKING!!! There are no words to describe how Awesome it is!


Day 3- Tuesday 22nd August 2006
Left camp 6am
Splurge on room at Nullabor Roadhouse 6pm
746kms for day
Glad we stayed the night as their was a huge thunder storm (just check first photo here) that night and we had to hide the two big wimps (dogs) in our bathroom! LOL
Fuel was $1.84 (highest DH paid) here and Gas was 99.9c a litre! Highest I paid the whole trip!
First shower (eeewww I know!) Water pressure unbelievably good! Want one of these shower heads for home! LOL!

Funny for the day: Blonde chick (mutton dressed like lamb) out front of the bar undressing DH with her eyes! LMGDAO!!! He did not find it as funny as I did!

Day 4- Wednesday 23rd August 2006 (Rain most of the day)
Left Nullabor Roadhouse 7am (Awesome sunrise!)
Bush Camp 130kms outskirts (before) Balladonia
614kms for day
Really starting to feel exhausted now! So over driving!


Day 5- Thursday 24th August 2006 (Rain in morning, only morning I did not get a sunrise photo! :( Stupid dark clouds!)
Left camp 5.30am
Arrived at our new home in Perth at 9.30pm
1,057kms for day! !!!!!!!!!!!!
A lot, I know but we figured we were so close that it was pointless camping! We just took our time!
Never been so emotionally and phyiscally exhausted in all my life! My car deserved a good rest and got it!

I did not get as many photos as I would of liked as I was driving too, I did try to take some while driving (I know, I shouldn't but I was only going through Bendigo once!), but I am happy with what I did get! I also did get plenty of souvenirs and postcards for photos I could not get because of the rain or just inconvience to park or stop!

The dogs absolutely loved the trip and Casey (little black lab) loved it in the back of my car.

I slept so well each night as I was exhausted and now just have to adjust my stomach clock to Perth time and quit eating lunch at 10am! LOL!

So good to be back and I have missed you all so much! Thanks for all your kind comments, prayers (I was praying my car would make it!) and well wishes. Both DH and I truly appreciate it.



oxox Crissy & Scott
 
posted by Crissy Gaylor at 8:02 AM, |

4 Comments:

  At 6:20 PM Blogger Kelley said:
Glad you got to your new home safe and sound!! Im sure your tummy will adjust to the time difference quickly!! LOL!
Bet you cant wait to get scrapping again! Especially with all new pics to scrap!
  At 6:28 PM Blogger Sarah said:
Wow...sounds like a great trip. Looking forward to seeing your photos soon :)
  At 6:57 PM Blogger Jasmine said:
Wow Crissy - what a trip. I bet you're glad to finally be home.
  At 4:17 AM Blogger Julie said:
Loved your funnies Crissy. Glad you had a good trip over.