Saturday, June 03, 2006

Layout found!


Do you ever start a layout which you don't finish and put aside? I do! Constantly! LOL! I found this one last night which I started roughly this time, last year under all my patterned paper. Since I just got some new fancy pants flowers I finally decided just to finish it! Not too happy with the finished result, but I am happy that it has been completed.


Still hand stitching my tiger layout which I started last week. I am about 3/4 done and it is looking pretty good. I might even enter it in the FK excellence awards. Got to be in it, to win it!


This morning I went to my local scrapbook shop, Crop-Till-Ya-Drop for their stocktake sale. 30% off! Got some patterned paper to finish my layout for the Masters and some Fancy Pants flowers! In total I have 5 jars now! Hopefully they will last awhile!!!!

Anyways, I plan to finish all four of the requirements for the Masters hopefully this weekend so I can get started on the FK awards, plus I have gotten a few guest designing spots and have a few layouts to do. Always a guest designer, never just a designer. Got rejected again! So out of the six applications this year I have managed to score 2 guest designer spots and a couple of others have put me down on their list for a later date if needed.

I have come to the conclusion that if I want to get noticed not only do I have to get more of my work published, but I would have to at least be a finalist in a major competition. TALK ABOUT TOUGH! There are just too many scrapbookers who are more accomplished than me, so if any apply for a design team that I apply for too, I do not have a chance!!!

Oh well, I won't let it get me down. Instead I will finish my entries for the Masters and FK and just send them. Hopefully someone will notice!

Tomorrow I am going to Fountain Gate shopping centre for some retail therapy and the Warehouse (they have a huge one close by with a HUGE craft area!)

Have a great weekend!

 
posted by Crissy Gaylor at 11:53 AM, |

2 Comments:

  At 3:00 AM Blogger lusi said:
Keep trying Crissy! You and me - we are at the same place I think. I'm going to keep trying to crack in but it is hard hey. Good on you for getting a couple guest designer spots - i haven't had that opportunity yet. One day...who knows?!
  At 4:35 PM Blogger Sarah said:
Thanks for visiting my blog Crissy. I know what you mean about getting noticed. I'm not sure what one has to do to get published, but I'm still waiting......I've cracked the card mags, but not a single scrapping one. One day our time will come :) Best of luck in the comps you enter.

Sarah