Thursday, February 01, 2007

One very sore head!

No, I have not been drinking.
I was involved in a car accident yesterday while driving the work van. Funny thing is I had finished Wednesday's jobs and just wanted to get some of Fridays done as it is going to be really hot!
Anyway I had pulled out from a stop sign at an intersection to get into the lane to go onto the freeway, the lane was clear as far as up to the bend I could see and just as I am pulling out in first gear a little blue mazda slams into the drivers door and the right side of my head slams into the door window ( I am glad I did not have the window down as my head would of kept going)

Needless to say I could not stop shaking when it just happened and just kept repeating...oh my god, oh my god (as the other car had hit me head first and I had so many thoughts in my head assuming the worse!) took me a while to get out and the other lady was fine and helped me to move the van off the road. The whole door on the van looked liked it had caved in and all her car had was some white paint on the front bumper (no dents or scratches) and the bumper over the left wheel was a bit loose! How lucky where we both!!!!

Anyway both rang work, swapped details and the guy incharge of the work cars came out to pick me up and organised a tow truck for the van.

After waiting for ages at emergency to get checked out the doctor saw me for 2 minutes tops and as I am going in today to see my regular doctor all he did was feel my stomach and ask which part of my body collided with anything in the car, (just my fat head with the window)

Next went to the cop station to fill out a report (Have to for work insurance details) and was told that that same intersection is prone to get at least one bingle a week! Will be avoiding it from now on, I will just go around!

Well, by the time I got home it was nearly 2.30pm and DH was relieved to see me in one piece.
Just spent the afternoon in our little pool relaxing! Do not have to go into work today, and the other lady I work with said that if I do not feel like going in tomorrow she will do my jobs for me, I will see how I feel. Does not seem to be any bruising, just feel a bit stiff on that side of my head!

Anyway, got to get ready to go and see my doctor and get blood results given to us. Hopefully we will find out whether we can have our first ultrasound soon as I am dying (ok, wrong choice of words today) to take a peak at little Squishy and so is DH.
 
posted by Crissy Gaylor at 7:50 AM, |

7 Comments:

  At 3:48 PM Blogger Mish said:
OMG Crissy, how scary and awful for you. Glad to hear that you are alright, albeit a major headache! Take care of yourself and your little "squishy" ((((huggles)))))
xx Mish
  At 6:51 PM Blogger Shirls said:
thank god you are ok (apart from the sore head). make sure you have a good rest:)
  At 11:14 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Hope you get to see squishy soon. I know how you're feeling. I was 18 weeks pregnant when I was standing behind my own car and someone ran into the font of it... I was sent flying.

Cayley is now 6.5 weeks old, so obviously she was alright.
  At 12:47 AM Blogger Julie said:
Hope the head gets better Chrissy and that you get to see Squishy.
  At 3:15 AM Blogger judee d said:
Glad you're ok Chrissy, Look after yourself and of course little squishy.
Hope you get to see squishy soon.
Keep smiling and healthy
L
Judy xxx
  At 2:46 PM Blogger Sarah said:
OMG glad you are OK. Take care
  At 8:35 PM Blogger Sharyn said:
OMG how awful Crissy. Glad to hear you are OK though. Take care!!